Chemmy Alcott – UK’s top female skier
In Chemmy’s own words:
- I’ve been 3 times Olympian
- I’ve been a part of the British ski team for 13 years
- I’ve been using many balance trainers for over 10 years
- [CoolBoard] is by far the best [balance trainer].
- [CoolBoard] is the most ski specific and fantastic preparation for skiing.
- We [the British ski Team] use CoolBoard regularly.
Chemmy Mary Alcott has been Britain’s Number One skier for a record seven years, the Senior British National Champion 5 times, competed in 3 Winter Olympics and six FIS World Championships.
Chemmy competes in Alpine Ski Racing, specifically in all disciplines – downhill, super G, giant slalom, slalom and combined.
Unfortunately Chemmy suffered a massive leg break in 2011. She is working tirelessly to get back to the top for the 2014 Olympics.
Skiing Honours and Achievements
2009: Best ever World Championship finish: 15th place in Downhill
2008: 10th place in the World Giant Slalom event in Soelden, Austria
2007: The first British female skier to reach the World Cup finals
2006: Voted Snow sport GB Olympic Athlete of the Year
2006: 11th place in Winter Olympics Downhill event in Turin
2006: Best ever World Cup finish: 7th in the Super Combined
2004: First World Cup Downhill top 10 finish: 9th
Six-time British National Champion